Already halfway through the month, but here is my small list of the little things.

1. The light outside looked different this morning and I keep smelling autumn on the air; it'll be here sooner than later and we have plans. Pretty good ones, too. While I appreciate summer, I am not the biggest fan. No, it's terrible in Arkansas unless you've got a reliable lake connection. You are driven inside because outdoor activity is unsafe. And there are some things you can't do inside, like cook, which is bollocks because that's my deal. I don't even miss summer whilst in the soul-killing icy grip of winter. Autumn is the best and my favorite season. I am looking forward to enjoying the dickens out of it.

1. The light outside looked different this morning and I keep smelling autumn on the air; it'll be here sooner than later and we have plans. Pretty good ones, too. While I appreciate summer, I am not the biggest fan. No, it's terrible in Arkansas unless you've got a reliable lake connection. You are driven inside because outdoor activity is unsafe. And there are some things you can't do inside, like cook, which is bollocks because that's my deal. I don't even miss summer whilst in the soul-killing icy grip of winter. Autumn is the best and my favorite season. I am looking forward to enjoying the dickens out of it.
2. The Farmer's Market is one of the better things about summer, but it's actually a chore for me. There is this Russian farmer who I find likable, though. He's quiet, which I truly appreciate at that early hour, and gives he gives me free garlic. He has a terrible time saying "heirloom watermelon", which is precious. I'm going to miss the okra, tomatoes, berries, figs, corn, melons, and that accent.
3. The constant pull of Memphis, New Orleans, Perdido Key, Seattle, Colorado, and even California, one I haven't felt in a long time. The vastness of this country and it's different environs is wondrous. I think we'll be able to scratch the itch for a few of these in due time.
4. I've got hostessing duties for two baby showers this month. I'm happy to do it! I really love planning things and I'm a great worker bee, but I really ought to make time for my own things, yes?

5. It's tough being a homeowner, no doubt. But, what little we've done to the house as far as home improvement goes has made me love our little home that much more. I totally understand the meaning of "labor of love". I'm still trying to get a handle on patience. We want to build, not maintain, but that's what we're having to do. Maintenance and lots of it.
6. I am going bananas over this recipe from Jen's blog ((( FOOD ORLEANS ))) featuring OKRA. It's so simple, but clever.
Photo from FOOD ORLEANS
7. The Horrors
Plans laid to see them in Sept/Dallax.
8. Spending time with old friends. No love lost.
9. Tofu Happening, Back To School edition. I am pleased to announce that Bellwood are hosting this time. Sept. 4, Labor Day weekend. Please mark your calendar! Flyer soon.
10. I'm just going to purge here ... lime/salt popcorn, coconut sparkling water, Obits, Disappears, The Soft Pack, Supergrass, Tame Impala, Rhodia pads, Spotify, Rani Kajal eyeliner, reading loads of books, naps.

No comments:
Post a Comment